Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bystanders Watch As Glen Beck Is Hassled, Roach Can Relate

The following is taken from a HUFFPOST Aol News:

Glenn Beck went to Bryant Park Monday night for a showing of Alfred Hitchock's "The 39 Steps". But that was not the only showing he saw.

"It was a hostile situation," Beck described of his family's movie night; his wife, Tanya, had wine "kicked intentionally on to her back," leaving her "completely wet," he said on his radio show Tuesday morning. He further said that his wife and daughter were greeted by a man pointing his fingers and yelling "We hate conservatives here!" when they got up to use the restroom.

"If I had suggested -- and I almost did -- wow, does anybody have a rope? Because there's a tree here. You could just lynch me. And I think there would've been a couple in the crowd that would've!" The conservative radio-host recalled.
"I apologize to anybody who had their movie experience wrecked because of the people that found it so necessary to spew hatred," Beck said, "but there's nothing I can do about it."

He noted that he was "...A little surprised that nobody -- nobody -- in the crowd said 'knock it off. Just, stop. Just be cool. I don't agree with the guy, but just be cool.' "


I bring this up as a study of revised American behavior. In the past there would have been someone stepping in to halt the surly actions. We had group standards. The lack of these standards now happens in all social strata. At least, I have seen the same lack of caring and willingness to protect the innocent in the close confines of a group of legislators. They sat in their chairs and watched a man scream at a woman then stand before her, turn around, and then bend over and put his rear in her face as she was seated in a chair. I was the only one who stood up to this. Everyone else just watched. They said nothing. Thank God I am not like that.

No comments: