Sunday, September 7, 2008

CPS exposed by CASA reporter and the News Tribune

I thought one of the comments to this blog was something all of us should read:

Pam,
I was a CASA for about 6 months. In that time period I got myself into trouble because I had a positive attitude towards the child's parent. I found out all too quickly that they don't want the child reconciled to the parent, they want the child to be adopted or to stay in foster care.

A social worker reported me because I made a positive statement about a parent so it was clear I wasn't "advocating for the child." I was appalled at how the system worked.
Teresa


Thank you Teresa. In the meantime I was catching up on my newspapers. The News Tribune reports on the front page.

TOT FATALLY BEATEN; STATE HAD OPEN CASE

May 30, 2008

"After a child is beaten to death in Tacoma, the state confirms it had an open investigation into an abuse report concerning him. The mother's boyfriend is arrested...

In the 'WEEKS' before his fatal beating...CPS was investigating a report that the boy and his 18 month old sister had been bruised in early April...."

(This is a terrible story and accounting of neglect by CPS. They did nothing but drag their feet.)

"POLICE, CPS INVESTIGATE LAKEWOOD TOT'S KILLING
"
AUGUST 23, 2008

"A grandmother wants justice after a 3 1/2-year-old Lakewood girl died of head injuries in April."

"Child Protective Services also is involved in this case," reports the News Tribune. "About a month before Autumn's death her mother noticed bruises on her spine and contacted the state agency."

(Pam's comment: You will remember that it was the mother who took action to have Lisa's "significant" black eye reported when the foster-adopt parent, CASA, social worker and daycare provider would not (see previous PRR).)


"In Autumn's case," continues the News Tribune, "CPS confirmed that social workers were contacted in March about the bruises. An investigation of the injuries was under way when the girl was killed."

No comments: