Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Department of Social and Health Services Harrassing Pam Roach

"Join the club," is what I say to DSHS, Children's Division. I try to, respectfully, give them opportunities to do the right thing and in response I am harassed for months by this inept and billeted agency.

I am a strong proponent of personal privacy protection and certainly think there is a great deal of personal information that should not be public. On the other hand, I believe in open government. The public has a right to know what its government is doing.

We (the people) are responsible for our government.

Government agencies must have checks and balances.

Government will always move to extend its power because it is the nature of a bureaucrat to seek more power.

It is possible to be an advocate of both...privacy and open government.


Since last February I have asked for information and sought to have the Department of Social and Health Services follow the law. I have meet on many occasions with DSHS. They engage in "passive-aggressive" behavior when dealing with the public. I believe that in my efforts to hold government accountable the department through this persistent behavior, has been harassing me, putting me off, wasting my time, and playing me for a fool. I don't like any of that.

Next submission: tonight at midnight...see you there DSHS.

No comments: