Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rainer School And Respite Center In The Budget


It was raining pretty hard when Rainier employees stood in the cold for hours along Hwy 410. Here I am joining in on the sign waving.

In this terrible economy and with revenues down...I worked hard along with state employees and Friends of Rainier to keep the Buckley, WA facility for the developmentally disabled open. We may have one or two of the houses close. And, there is an assault on the assets of the facility. But, we have kept the doors open. More as I get in session tomorrow.

After Saturday's session I attended the North West Turkey Federation banquet. It was a long day and I have to go back in on Sunday so will say good-night now.

1 comment:

strawberryblonde said...

You are a true champion of the most vulnerable people in our state. Thank you!