Thursday, March 11, 2010

Whisking Car

Someone made a comment about my previous blog and my being whisked away in a car. They wanted to know why I didn't have my own car. I added a line to the blog to avoid misunderstandings, but...

I did use my own car. I didn't have to. The Senate has a service but I don't use it. Instead, my aide and friend was driving my 2002 Alero. She drove me to the ceremony so I could spend 10 minutes at the wonderful, and "important to us" family event....and be quickly shuttled back so I would miss as few votes as possible.

I would have loved to have stayed for the whole thing. I did not. I would have loved to have gone to the family dinner at a local restaurant that followed. I did not.

I am not being defensive here...just setting the record straight.

No comments: