Wednesday, October 15, 2008

DSHS...In The News Almost Everyday...47 Lb. Teenager Left To Die By DSHS

Thankfully, the News Tribune has been vigilant in reporting the cases of child death and maiming that occurs under the "watchful eyes" of DSHS. The Seattle papers seem disinterested.

But, since there is a teenager, this time...even Seattle has to put it in print. She can talk. (I am sure for 'privacy" and "psychological" reasons the department will recommend that she not be interviewed.) SHE SHOULD BE INTERVIEWED. THE PUBLIC SHOULD...AS HARD AS IT WILL BE TO LISTEN...BE TOLD WHAT SHE ENDURED.

Let me speak for her.
The 47 Lb. teenage would say to the public: "Where were you? I asked for help. I begged you. I told my teacher! And, I thought I would get help. Instead...a CPS worker came to my house and... just listened to my evil dad and hateful step-mom.

I was skinny and meek in the corner of the room. I never smiled. My head was down...I couldn't look at anyone for the fear of retaliation on the part of my parents ran through me. And, after CPS left...it was even worse than before! Oh, why did I try to get help?

Be aware that there will be no apology given to the 14-year-old. To do so would be for DSHS to admit they should have done a better job. That means they would be sued.

We don't have a lot of money these days. But, if it draws public attention to the need for accountability, and it helps with the expenses that this young woman will encounter because of her home torture and incarceration...then so be it!
WE NEED TO OPEN UP DSHS TO PUBLIC REVIEW! LET THE LIGHT OF DAY SHINE ON THIS DEPARTMENT. WE NEED A CITIZEN OVER-SIGHT COMMITTEE TO REVIEW THE CASES. CITIZENS...NOT SHRINKS...PEOPLE WHO VIEW THE WORLD AS IT REALLY IS.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at the comment by Stephani,"I'm not trying to make excuses but it-is complex." What is so complex? The lies you have to imagine up to cover your tush?!There is no excuse for what happened to her. This child will never forget what she has gone through.Once again,everyones day continues as others suffer.Keep speaking up Senator,maybe they will spare a few children and you can make a change where it is needed!

Anonymous said...

what has happened to her to date?????

Anonymous said...

Given all the deaths,mistreatment and bullying passing through the hands of DSHS,has the Federal Review Board been contacted as of yet? An outside entity needs to be brought in here to turn over every rock. Backround checks need to be run on employees and volunteers. There is absolutely no reason there are this many cases of neglect within one state.

Anonymous said...

Ms Roach,
I find it ironic that the requests you are making about DSHS(CPS) are the same that parents and other web sites have been demanding for years. As parents lose their children to foster/adopt homes and adoption, the bonus money from the government continues and is renewed again by the latest bill, signed, just in the past few days. How can a monster like that be stopped? Everything is done behind closed doors and kept far away from the public eye. You are the first I have seen in government to bring this to the public. It is a step in the right direction and you are to be applauded.

Anonymous said...

Her parents are only looking at 3-4 years IF guilty!?!?!Makes me sick.

http://www.cjbk.com/news/56/815999