Thursday, October 23, 2008

Inside: The Bowels Of The Bureaucracy

Today, I thought I would call into the bowels of bureaucracy. (I think some call it the belly of the beast.) In any event, my goal, as always, is to get DSHS to obey the law. In this instance, Judge Shaffer, last June, had ordered that the department establish a visitation schedule for the grandparents. That was promised but has not happened.

I also wanted to point out that their "court reporter" social worker was intimidating and provoking the family with her dossiers. And, that instead of following Judge Kessler's orders, they are ramping up efforts to take the child. AGAIN!

"Hi, David," I said. "I haven't heard from you for about four months."

"That's true" David answered. "But, I have been working very hard on your case."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. You are right about so much and we are trying to fix things. You just have to trust that we are."

David is a nice enough guy. He tells me what he knows I want to hear...agrees with me often...and then disappears. WHOOSH......WHOosh....whoosh...and he's gone. No emails, no calls, no messages...no David. "Oh, yes, he says after four months of silence, I am helping," he assured me.

THE BEST HELP DAVID...WOULD BE TO OPEN THE DOORS ON DSHS. THERE HASN'T BEEN A PEEK.

He said he would call off the rude and purposely provoking social worker.

"What about the foster mother, David? Remember, the one with the unsafe house?"

"Oh, you shouldn't judge her. She is actually very nice." (Is that to say you don't like the grandparents? Or, you just don't have a desire to know them?)

I asked, "Well, David, she says at 43 she has never been married. Yet her name in high school is different than the one she has now. Was she adopted late in life? Did she take on a different family name? And, who then is the man? if you go to the white pages you see a man listed at her address and she shares his last name." (He also answered her door claiming she no longer lived at the house and showed up in court with her to get the restraining order.)

"I don't know anything about that." I believed him. They never went past her application in checking her out. NAME________and
ANY FELONY CONVICTIONS?_______. That's it folks.

Whoever the guy is (and he is a different race so probably not a brother)...it is evident that the foster person has not established any bonded relationship throughout her post high school life. She seems to have difficulty forming normal lasting relationships (so how long will she want a child?). She is in and out of jobs and men. Who is this man listed at her address? Why didn't you know this David? Do you just give kids to whomever?

"Well, David. You are missing the point. This should not even be a matter under consideration. The little girl is suppose to be with her family. Both the grandparents and the aunt and uncle passed in home studies with flying colors. You need to follow the law!"

CONCLUSION: David says he "gets it" and is helping. What do you all think?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had some experience reporting social worker fraud to high level officials in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The lower level employees simply lie to the elected officials. The elected officials are not getting any accurate information even from those individuals they appoint to investigate. Unfortunately, the investigator did report the fraud to the general counsel who then assisted in the cover up.

It' a whole culture of fraud and deceit. It is so bad and entrenched that I don't think you can reform it. Child abuse is a crime? It's time to let police handle the child abuse cases as a crime it is, then all these frivilous cases would not take place.

The entire problem is that criminal law has been taken and turned into an administrative court without the protections of a jury, public viewing, the criminal rules of evidence, or in many cases a competent attorney for the parents.

Our founding fathers never dreamed that our Constitutional rights to a trial would ever be perverted in such a manner that someone could take away childrens from parents so easily and without so little regard to the truth.

I am in the stage of writing my civil suit against the state and will raise these issues of Constitutionality. I will send you a copy Ms. Roach. If you really want to change the system its going to take lawsuits.

You can bring it in your own right under the private attorney general act to force the state to change. Just some things to think about.

Anonymous said...

Sure he gets it, and sure he is helping.....but the question should be WHO is he helping?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What is David's role in this? He seems to know the Foster person very well, well enough to state she is a very nice person. I see he did NOT mention the real family of this little girl. Does he pesonally go house to house to meet with these people? Is he related to the Foster person? Is he a Case Manager? Does he do Licensing? How would he personally be able to make the comment he made? Is he the the baby broker? Do Foster people put their request to him for the child they would like stolen? Kind of like Kid-foster person match.com?

Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder who she knows on the inside.She should be coming up on her foster recertification soon and we'll see if that goes through now that she has a case number.Backround checks are done for a reason,and need to be done correctly.The mother has UA's,does the foster have them?Have the grandparents had a recent home study or is that expired too?Have the aunt and uncle had another done now that their foster care papers are expired?Keep rockin' Senator,you've got 'em passing the buck.It's only a matter of time before they make a big slip and they begin rolling on each other.(we wouldn't want them to lose that salary)There are whistleblower phone numbers they can call.

Anonymous said...

If he knows what you are doing is right, what is he doing to help you? Is he of any assistance? Who does HE answer to, if anyone?

Anonymous said...

The only thing these people "get" are undeserved paychecks for the sale of children.I feel sick even reading this,but I have a heart and soul.(Something else they should "get".)

Anonymous said...

If the Judge didn't terminate,why isn't she with her mother?Maybe David can answer that.

Anonymous said...

Please, please, please get this child back to her family. What DSHS is doing is criminal and I can't understand why something can't be done to correct it. This child needs to be with her mother, grandparents or aunt and uncle rather than this so-called foster mother that shoves her in day care every day. She isn't shown any love at all and things need to change. Please let her be back with her family before something terrible happens to her.

Christy said...

In 1995 I contacted your office about my daughter who was placed in fotercare. This foster home was not liecened, when I complained to cps they called this home, relative placement. My daughter got so sick in this home, where she was not being cared for. I spoke to this woman who worked for your office she had someone investigate the situation, but the social worker that was sent out was the one I was having a problem with, when I told her this, someone else was sent out. My daughter was immediately moved, then hospitalized, she had a prolapsed lung, double pneumonia, double ear infection pin worms and a yeast infection that was so bad the docter could not tell if she had been sexually abused. Thanks to the woman I spoke with from your office my daughter is still alive, she turned 15 years old today. I wish I could remeber this woman's name because I would personally like to thank her for saving my daughter's life. I am very pleased to see that you are speaking out about the wrong doing of cps. Thank You Pam

Anonymous said...

In 1995 I contacted your office about my daughter who was placed in fotercare. This foster home was not liecened, when I complained to cps they called this home, relative placement. My daughter got so sick in this home, where she was not being cared for. I spoke to this woman who worked for your office she had someone investigate the situation, but the social worker that was sent out was the one I was having a problem with, when I told her this, someone else was sent out. My daughter was immediately moved, then hospitalized, she had a prolapsed lung, double pneumonia, double ear infection pin worms and a yeast infection that was so bad the docter could not tell if she had been sexually abused. Thanks to the woman I spoke with from your office my daughter is still alive, she turned 15 years old today. I wish I could remeber this woman's name because I would personally like to thank her for saving my daughter's life. I am very pleased to see that you are speaking out about the wrong doing of cps. Thank You Pam

Anonymous said...

I thought the Judges had the last word..How can they have a ruling by the judge and still not do what they are suppose to do? I thought the RCW's for this were all about reunification? Thank you for exposing this corrupt agency. It is way past time for this money for children to come to an end.

Anonymous said...

As a ex-foster care kid. I can say I was not protected. The only abuse I ever knew was in foster care's hands.
it's good to know someone out there is saying something. perhaps other people can be spared from being forced to live threw the nightmare I had to...

Please fix foster care... I would not wish it upon my worst enemy... not even the people who forced me into care in the first place.

Anonymous said...

David doesn't seem to get it and probably never will.These people seems to lose all self worth and morals.I would assume none of them will ever get it because they think they are above the law and won't lose their family member.Pretty good position they've put themselves in isn't it?!Above the law,nobody answers to anyone and all the good connections are under the same roof!Where is the press and the Federal Review Board?

Anonymous said...

Does he give a reply when you state the law to him?Or have they given a reason for the child not with mother,grandparents or aunt and uncle?I'm wondering if he is covering for co-workers or if he's not interested.(Which would be his own doing if he's been contacted by you and others)Where does the Ombudsman's office stand on this since they also are in the news ALOT.If Dateline can to "To catch a Predator" maybe they'd be interested in "To catch a baby snatcher"

Anonymous said...

Has there been any progress this week for "Lisa"?Is there anyone checking on her over the weekend to be sure she is unharmed?

Anonymous said...

I am wondering a few thing pertaining to the fosterer.Since she knows of this blog and has asked that it be removed,what is her feeling on knowing of approved family?Was she under the impression she was "saving" a child from a terrible mother and family?Has she realized how many lies have been told to her at this point since they have lied to others?I am interested in what story she was given.