Sunday, May 10, 2009

Saturday Visit To The Stuths, A Baptism, and A Call From Qatar

With session over, a trip to Honduras getting closer and a holiday...it has been a wonderful weekend!

Seeing The Stuths
On Saturday I had a really warm and wonderful visit with the Stuths. These are warm and wonderful people so that all made sense! It was so good to see them and their 3 year-old granddaughter who was so sweet! What a doll! We exchanged gifts and I have something to cherish. It represents love, and determination, and meaning to life.

Baptism
Later in the day I attended the baptism of my grandson. The family gathered and shared a spiritual experience as families should. Added dimension and depth of purpose in life adds to a person's understanding of the basic questions: Where did I come from and why am I here?

New Guitar
Afterwards, I drove with the top down to Ted Brown Music and picked up a baby Taylor guitar. I needed something that will travel well. Then I darted to REI for something I ordered, picked up a bucket of KFC and back to the family for dinner at Dan's.

Mother's Day Call Made The Day Complete
It was a sunny day and that means it was a perfect day in western Washington! We BBQ'd, kids played. I called my mom and we passed the phone around for 30 minutes. The men barbecued the steak and salmon. I turned on the speakers and went for the guitar. The girls sang "Five Speckled Frogs Sitting On A Speckled Log." Surly you know the tune! I accompanied with my new baby Taylor. And, after everyone had gone and the house was quite...I settled in to Desperate Housewives when the phone rang. I had no idea that I would hear from John. Thanks kids. What a great Mother's Day. Jim will plant the new lilac tree and I love the new wireless mouse.

1 comment:

strawberryblonde said...

FIVE LITTLE SPECKLED FROGS

Five little speckled frogs, sitting on a speckled log
Eating a most delicious fly (ya, ya, ya, ya, ya-ya)
One jumped into the pool
Where it was nice and cool
Then there were four little speckled frogs

Four little speckled frogs, sitting on a speckled log
Eating a most delicious fly (ya, ya, ya, ya, ya-ya)
One jumped into the pool
Where it was nice and cool
Then there were three little speckled frogs

Three little speckled frogs, sitting on a speckled log
Eating a most delicious fly (ya, ya, ya, ya, ya-ya)
One jumped into the pool
Where it was nice and cool
Then there were two little speckled frogs

Two little speckled frogs, sitting on a speckled log
Eating a most delicious fly (ya, ya, ya, ya, ya-ya)
One jumped into the pool
Where it was nice and cool
Then there was one little speckled frog

One little speckled frog, sitting on a speckled log
Eating a most delicious fly (ya, ya, ya, ya, ya-ya)
One jumped into the pool
Where it was nice and cool
Then there were no little speckled frogs