Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dark Day For All Of Us...Four Officers Killed

Sgt. Mark Renninger, 39,
Officer Ronald Owens, 37,
Officer Tina Griswold, 40,
Officer Gregory Richards, 42.


The entire nation is praying for the families of the four fallen Lakewood, WA police officers. I called my daughter's today to see if my son-in-law, an officer himself, had gone to Lakewood for the manhunt. I also was hoping my grandchildren were not watching the coverage that I knew was on TV. Children of cops should not have greater cause to worry.

Let us all remember the families in our prayers. There are lessons to be learned, help to be given, regulations to be reset...but for now we mourn.

If the assailant lives... the Pierce County Prosecutor will not wait to ask for the death penalty.

Please help as you can. Contributions can be sent to the Lakewood Police Independent Guild Benevolent Fund. Funds will be used in a thoughtful and appropriate manner. Contributions can be directed to:

LPIG Benevolent Fund
PO Box 99579
Lakewood, WA 98499

Checks made out to “LPIG Benevolent Fund” may also be dropped off at Lakewood
City Hall.

No comments: