Thursday, June 25, 2009

CASAs Organizations Will Be Given A Forum To Promote Their Work To DSHS...Anyone Want To Get Involved With This One?

Please send through the comment section your name and email if you want to monitor the situation or even testify. Otherwise...there will be a one-sided presentation of the program. I will not publish your contact information. If you want to comment on this new development please do so by separate comment.

Thanks.

PS...We do not know the time or place yet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Senator,
My CASA was either fired or quit (I suspect the first). She had not seen me, the mother, in a year so could not really comment on my "progress". Anyway, I'm a happy camper at the moment as far as CASA's go.
I am interested to know how this goes though as I am presently "caught in the system."
Catherine
Reynolds
SendSamHome

Anonymous said...

In 2008, CASA programs served 7,355 kids with 2,418 CASA volunteers! That's an increase of almost 450 kids since 2007- great job volunteers!

OR WAS IT REALLY A GREAT JOB?

Anonymous said...

http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/reports/OJP/a0704/app1.htm

The above study suggest the following:
1) Children with CASA's assigned tend to spend more time in foster care.
2) They receive more services.
3) They are less likely to be reunified with their parents.
4) They are less likely to reenter the system.


Its a worthwhile study to read. I don't know if there are any parents' attorneys organizations in Washington State, but if there were they might be a valuable resource.

Anonymous said...

When and where is this presentation?

Anonymous said...

I am interested in learning more.
How best to contact you? Will not leave my info on the comment section for worry about retaliation.
Thanks!