Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sarah Palin And The Question Of The Future

So, tonight I was watching Sarah Palin on "Hannity" in her new position as a FOX commentator. She impressed executives at FOX with her "best selling book of 2009" Going Rouge, so now she is taking a stab at a new gig. And...apparently keeping her hat in the ring.

She was pretty much in campaign mode but I think has a few months to develop some depth in her answers.

Speaking of answers..while being interviewed by Glenn Beck it was evident she did not have a favorite American Founder...That is one of the questions that candidates are taught to anticipate (at least those outside of Seattle).

I have a degree in history so I suppose I have studied quite a few Founders. My favorite? John Adams. Why? He defended British Captain Prescott at trial after the Boston Massacre. Adams was a man who stood for the rule of law even when it was politically incorrect! I named a son after my favorite Founder: John Adams Roach...also a lawyer.

As if to be a constant shadow, when I switched channels there was Tina Fey in character as Liz Lemon on 30 Rock (one of my favorite shows). Palin has a couple of years to turn the tables on her most effective nemesis. The only way to do that is to be a successful commentator.

No comments: