Saturday, April 11, 2009

Christ Braided The Whip

Dear Readers,

I am a Christian. And as such I will spend time tomorrow in a chapel worshiping the Resurrection of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

(Mr. Shore...I will be thinking of you as you observe Passover and the great story of freedom. I love the books that we share.)

There are many wonderful stories of Christ. Most are stories of examples. When we contemplate, "What would Jesus do?" we draw on His teachings for the answer.

John 2:13-16
13 And the Jews Passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers money, and overthrew the tables;
16 And said unto them that sold doves, take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

I would say Christ was mad! He thought about what he would do. So, this scourging of the money changers was premeditated!

I draw from this that it is OK to aggressively go after evil. And, that it is a desirable trait to protect that which is given of God...you know...like families.

May there be a blessed Passover and Easter celebration of the Resurrection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am agreeing with you here.
As I have said before, I was served terminatin papers one week and the next...meeting with prosecutors and CPS,turning my case around.
Only God can do this job. Working as my attorney. Working for my children.
But in the end, I want to help families tha are in my shoes and then the shoes that I once wore.