Monday, August 17, 2009

CPS Disses Professionals And Takes Their Kids Too

What do you know...another 3 year-old girl taken from a grandparent. PR

Kris Coppedge, LMHC, LICSW has left a new comment on your post "WA State DSHS Supervisor Fired...No...I Am NOT Kidding":

My name is Kris Coppedge and I am a licensed mental health therapist and a licensed independent clinical social worker. I am also the foster grandmother of a 3 year old who is now in foster care. She lived with me for about 6 months. Her parents lived in my home with her for part of that time. I was unable to take custody of her and sought assistance from Children's Services in Lynnwood. I was greeted with rudeness, sarcasm, and refusal to dialogue. In spite of multiple attempts to invite conversation regarding my granddaughter's 6 months in my home, including medical treatment, daycare experiences, sleep problems, and my observations of her parents and their parenting skills, they refuse to listen. I am appalled at the poor social work practice. As a mental health therapist I periodically need to make a report to CPS as I am a mandated reporter. My dilemma is that I fear children and families will be damaged by the Department. The Department seems to thrive on power. Due to the Department's actions, my 3 year old granddaughter experienced broken bonds further contributing to an attachment disorder that may permanently impair her ability to function in the world.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is what CPS does. Damage beyond repair innocent children. Now that child has a RAD label and she is worth more money to the State.

Anonymous said...

cps is like a pack of wild animals that will eat their own young. So, how does it feel to be on the other side of the fence? SUCKS, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

It is interesting to me how they use those in the human services professions on one side, then cast them off in another. I have had more and more professionals write me with similar stories all over the United States. Chemical Dependency professionals, mental health, social work, etc are getting hit by the department all the while touting to the ideals of psychology as a tyranny tool. Something is amiss in Tinker Town.

Anonymous said...

The supervisor is not the only one fired. A ICWA social worker was also fired for illegal adpotions.

Anonymous said...

The names of the Supervisor and the ICWA need to be told the public needs to know this. Where is the story?

LK said...

CPS just makes friends wherever they go, don't they?

Anonymous said...

The ICWA Social Worker is out of the Spokane Office. Her Supervisor was also fired or resigned. She has also adopted three children through the Dept. and has moved out of state.

Anonymous said...

From what I have found out the last names of the ICWA Social Worker and the Supervisor are Bivona and Driscoll?

Anonymous said...

So know you know what it's like to have cps in your life...what goes around comes around..

Anonymous said...

I guarantee if the Everett office was investigated for wrongdoing such as illegal adoptions and false allegations to take children from stable homes to allow these adoptions, there would be at least 2 supervisors and 2 caseworkers fired. I`m sure many more. I would love to be able to name the ones I know about.

Anonymous said...

To above anonymous.......NAME THEM....right here...right now!