Friday, July 31, 2009

Pam Roach Quotes Scripture

I thought the notion deserved its own headline!

Dear Readers,

A comment to the previous blog needs to be corrected. In reference to the very wealthy great-grandparents a reader writes:

"It really proves the old saying that money is the root of all evil."

I am not a scriptorian but I got some schooling along the way. The "old saying" is actually from the New Testament and reads:
For the love of money is the root of evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves though with many arrows. (I Timothy 6:10)


There is nothing wrong with having money. It can be a great blessing to many people. It is the LOVE of money that is the soul killer.

Let me add however:

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24)
It isn't just the money, it is what it does to the thinking of the person who has it. Some tend to rationalize a situation and convince themselves that what they are doing is right. And, with that self permission they move forward. Situation ethics is as convenient for government as some who are wealthy. It is another enabler of power that should, when used as an influence in child custody cases, be restrained.

2 comments:

Strawberryblonde said...

AMEN!

If only the court would recognize scripture and do what is right. The consequence that follows wouldn't be so detrimental to families.

The vulnerable need protected.

Anonymous said...

If I ran for office; I would have no problems eliminating the Foster to 21 program. I would also eliminate the adoption subsidies. I also would like to know if there are any statistics on how many teenagers have requested to be emancipated from their birth parents?